REAL ENERGY PRICE COMPARISONS - SWITCHWISE.CO.UK
This new Switchwise calculator enables you to compare your old and new tariff monthly payments. Old tariffs may expire within the year so you are probably looking to switch. Using this calculator you can see the real difference in your average monthly direct debit payments. Full page version.
1. First enter how much energy you use in a year.
Change figures to 0 where you do not use either gas or electric.
Gas - Consumption in kWh's PA
Gas kWh's pa
Elec - Total kWh's used PA
Elec kWh's pa
2. If you have electricity economy 7, enter the percentage night use.
If you have a standard meter, leave this at 0%
E7 Night %
Elec - % night use (Only for E7)
E7 Night %
3. Enter your old and new gas tariffs
Your tariff is made up of standing charge, and rate per kWh used.
Gas - Daily standing charge
Gas - Unit rate per kWh
Elec - Daily standing charge
Elec - Day rate
Elec - E7 Night rate (Only for E7)
4. Finally, enter your discounts for each tariff
Change figures to 0 where you do not get discounts.
Dual fuel Discount (INC vat)
Single fuel discount (INC vat)
Online Billing Discount
Direct Debit Discount (INC vat)
Total costs including VAT - Old tariff / New tariff
Savings per year
Cost Savings %
Cost per month - Old tariff / New tariff
Savings per month
Disclaimer: Use this calculator as a guide but check your own comparisons manually before making a decision.
For full energy price comparisons and links to switching service, use:
If you don't have exact consumptions try these typical amounts:
Small house or flat
1. Enter your total gas consumption used in kWh's for a 1 year period.
2. Enter you total electric kWh's for a year.
3. If you have Economy 7, enter the % night usage.
5. Enter cost in pence per kWh for old and new tariffs
6. Enter daily standing charge for old and new tariffs.
7. Enter cost in pence per kWh for old and new tariffs
Check these calculations carefully. This calculator is only a guide.
Please use Switchwise to make your actual transfer. Same results as all others. Thanks! :)