Business electricity running cost calculator
Full business version.
- Use this calculator as a guide to calculate the costs to run electrical equipment for your business.
- You can create “Buildings” and “Rooms” add “Items” and “usage”, and you can calculate the result over a number of days.
- You can use your email address or user name to log in again to your building calculations.
- *Caution* This estimator tool should only to be used as a guide and no reliance should be placed on results.
- A critical component of cost is the business electricity rate you pay. Call us free on 0800 021 3246 to see if we can get you a better tariff.
- For the original calculator for single items, click here.
- Best to actually try this out with made up names and just one item to see how it works. It may be just what you need.
*Caution* This estimator tool should only to be used as a guide and no reliance should be placed on results.
Electrical equipment on thermostats goes “on” and “off” as the thermostat kicks in. It’s only the “on” time period that you pay electricity for. E.g. an electric fire may be plugged in all day but only going “on” and producing heat for half that time. Each case is different so care must be taken when estimating “on” time periods. This applies to fridges, ovens, but not light bulbs, toasters and hair dryers for example.
Feedback – We welcome feedback and questions. Please use our contact page for feedback.