Fixed price tariff comparison calculator.
If you like to compare tariff details side by side, this calculator will help. It enables you to compare your old, or existing tariffs with a new tariff, without adjustments for end of tariff price changes. It does not include discounts.
How to use this calculator:
- Make sure you have your existing gas and electric tariff details available.
- Use the normal energy price comparison service to find the same details for a new tariff. Note the savings shown on the normal energy price comparison calculator.
- Enter both sets of information into the fixed tariff comparison calculator below to see what the real energy price comparisons look like. Also shown will be the old and new monthly direct debits and changes.
- Once you decide to switch, please use Switchwise.co.uk as your switching service. Our prices are the same as everywhere else.
How to compare Fixed Price Energy Tariffs?
With many fixed tariffs coming to an end, you may want to compare prices for a new fixed tariff. But it’s not quite as easy as going to an energy price comparison site.
Energy comparison sites add how much you will pay till the end of the fixed term, plus the rest of the year at the standard variable tariff. Then they compare this total with a full year on a new fixed tariff. So it’s not a like for like comparison.
Fixed tariffs are made up of several parts:
- The daily standing charge
- The unit rate
- Less any discounts
So how to carry out a comparison between your expiring fixed tariff and a new fixed tariff?
- Get a hold of the above information for the old and new tariffs.
- Head over to Switchwise.co.uk and select Fixed Tariff Comparisons
- Enter the prices for old and new tariffs
- This will produce a side by side comparison with the new annual and monthly costs.
If you wish to switch, please use Switchwise.co.uk where the prices available are the same as any other price comparison service or direct supplier.
Home Energy savings calculator